This is one of our favourite vegan recipes, its packed with flavour and filled with goodness!
Let us know when you have tried it what you thought !!
4 medium sweet potatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bunch kale, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
Green goddess dressing to serve
| INSTRUCTIONS |
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line with baking paper.
2. Using a fork, poke multiple holes into both sweet potatoes. Place potatoes in oven and bake for about 45-60 minutes, or until tender.
3. In the meantime, heat olive oil over medium-high heat in medium saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 60 seconds, or until fragrant. Add kale and toss to coat. Add 1/4 cup water and cover for 3-5 minutes. Remove cover, toss kale, reduce heat to low, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until kale is desired texture, adding more water as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cut sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Top with sautéed kale, beans and green goddess dressing to serve.
| GREEN GODDESS DRESSING |
| INGREDIENTS |
1 garlic clove
1 1/2 small – medium avocados
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup water
3/4 cup packed basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup chopped chives (approx 8 chives roughly chopped)
1/2 cup chopped scallions (white parts removed; approx 2-3 scallions)
Juice of 1 medium lemon
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
| INSTRUCTIONS |
1. In a food processor or high-speed blender, blend together garlic, avocado, olive oil, water, basil, parsley, chives, scallions, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt until smooth and creamy.